In response to the Governor's decision to close schools until further notice to limit the spread of colds, flu, and the COVID-19 virus, it is imperative that we promote proper social distancing behavior and cancel any group activities during this time. To accomplish this, Coventry Department of Parks and Recreation is taking the following steps:
• All Town athletic fields and courts (Paine Tennis Nets will be up the first week of June 2020) will be closed until further notice. This includes all games and practices. No games where people are throwing balls around are permitted.
• The skate park is closed until further notice due to large gatherings of youth.
• Briar Point Beach is closed until further notice.
• The Teen Center will remain closed until further notice. The Governor recommends keeping children separated and away from groups while they are kept home from school.
• The Guy L. Lefebvre Community Center and Town Hall Annex Gymnasium will be closed to the public until further notice. However, the office is staffed if you need to reach out to us: (401) 822-9107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Playgrounds and play structures are temporarily closed in an effort to reduce community spread of COVID-19. Remember, each surface is only as clean as the last person who touched it.
**If you plan on visiting a park or the greenway, it should be for solitary recreation, not group activities. If you arrive at a park or the greenway and crowds are forming, choose to return another day or time. Observe the CDC's minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people, whether you’re walking or biking.**
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this situation together. Coventry Department of Parks and Recreation updates can be found on Facebook (@coventryriparksandrec) and at www.coventryrecreation.com.