In response to the Governor's decision to close schools until April 30 to limit the spread of colds, flu, and the COVID-19 virus, it is imperative that we promote proper social distancing behavior and cancel any group activities during this time. To accomplish this, Coventry Department of Parks and Recreation is taking the following steps:
• All Town athletic fields and courts will be closed until further notice. This includes all games and practices. No games where people are throwing balls around are permitted.
• The skate park is closed until further notice due to large gatherings of youth.
• Briar Point Beach is closed to vehicles until further notice.
• The Teen Center will remain closed until further notice. The Governor recommends keeping children separated and away from groups while they are kept home from school.
• The Guy L. Lefebvre Community Center and Town Hall Annex Gymnasium will be closed to the public until further notice. However, the office is staffed if you need to reach out to us: (401) 822-9107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Playgrounds and play structures are temporarily closed in an effort to reduce community spread of COVID-19. Remember, each surface is only as clean as the last person who touched it.
• Spring programs are suspended until further notice. Some programs have been canceled.
• The free Bunny Hop Egg Hunt, originally scheduled for April 4, has been canceled.
**If you plan on visiting a park or the green way, it should be for solitary recreation, not group activities. If you arrive at a park or the green way and crowds are forming, choose to return another day or time. Observe the CDC's minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people, whether you’re walking or biking.**
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this situation together. Coventry Department of Parks and Recreation updates can be found on Facebook (@coventryriparksandrec) and at www.coventryrecreation.com.
Employment Opportunities Available Positions: beach managers, lifeguards, beach gate attendants, basketball scorers and referees, basketball coordinator, counselors/support staff for the Town’s summer program, park patrol, and park maintenance. If you are interested in any of the above opportunities, please complete an employment application found on https://www.coventryri.org/index.php/node/141.
Guy L. Lefebvre Community Center
1277 Main Street
Coventry RI 02816
Please specify the position(s) for which you are applying on both the application and in the e-mail subject line. Please Note: Not all positions may be available every year. It depends on the number of returning rehires from the prior year. Must be 16 years of age or older.